Weight Loss Surgery: Our Program
If you're considering weight loss surgery, also called bariatric surgery, you can rely upon the team at Woman's to be there for you every step of the way.
Register now for our FREE seminar, Weight Loss Surgery: What You Should Know >>
From making the decision to have surgery, to helping you understand your nutritional needs before and after the procedure, to achieving and maintaining a physically active post-surgery lifestyle, we're here to help make sure you reach your goals safely and effectively. And, if you decide to have body contouring surgery later, we can help you with that, too.
Woman's Comprehensive Team
We've developed a comprehensive team to help--starting with our Weight Loss Surgery Coordinator, an experienced Registered Nurse. She is available to help you understand the process and assist with deciding whether this is the right choice for you.
In addition, our team includes physicians, an expert surgical staff, and registered dietitians are committed to you before and well after surgery.
Financing is an option that can help you take that first step to a healthier lifestyle.
Support group meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Conference Room 3 located in Woman’s Hospital.
Understanding the Expectations
Weight loss surgery can alter your relationships with other people, your feelings about yourself, and your whole way of living. While weight loss surgery has a direct and dramatic effect on the body, the psychological effects of the surgery almost outnumber the physical expectations. And while most of these effects are positive, there are possible complications. Browse photo galleries or view as slide shows >>
As a woman, shouldn’t you choose the region’s only specialty hospital dedicated solely to women?
Our weight loss surgery program includes all of the following:
- General labs
- Urinary pregnancy test (if required)
- Chest x-ray
- Upper GI series
- Oxygen saturation test
- Pulmonary function test (if applicable)
- H-pylori test (if doing RNY procedure)
- Type and screen
- 3 visits with the dietitian (one at discharge and 2 as outpatient)
- Telephone appointment with the pre admit nurse
- Operating room fees
- Implantable device (if doing Lap Band procedure)
- Overnight hospital room stay (if required)
- Pathology fees
- Recovery room fees
- 90 day BLIS medical complication coverage protection plan
Our program does not cover:
- Physician fees
- Assistant fees
- Additional labs required by your physician such as thyroid function, diabetes testing, glycosulated hemoglobin, and vitamin testing.
- Additional X-rays, CT, MRI
- Additional procedures
- Complications associated with the weight loss procedure
- Additional overnight stays than those previously discussed in the pricing
Request more information
Complete this form >>
“Following my weight loss surgery 10 weeks ago, I've already lost 66 pounds!”